Thursday, October 10, 2013

I Stopped Playing House in the Second Grade...

Cuffing Season is here.... Enough said.




Not really….




The concept behind Cuffing Season makes sense to me.  I mean one becomes a lonelier number at home by his or herself on a cold winters day. It's nice to have someone to ignite the passion of "love" that warms one from within while the temperature outside steadily declines. But is it real??? Or will it fade like the snow upon Spring's arrival?

I personally joke about it with my friends as I play with the idea of returning some of the advances made by members of the opposite sex. The notion of a "boo-thing" for the colder months is pretty enticing to say the least. Even so, I don't want what may start out as innocent flirtations to end up as a heartbreak. As the leaves change and begin to fall, I am trying to maintain my resolve not to fall into a seasonal relationship. It doesn't exactly help that the phone keeps buzzing. It also doesn't exactly help that I enjoy having company over when watching movies. And it certainly doesn't help that the only television that I have is in my bedroom. Yet, what's a girl to do on a Saturday night when she wants to watch a movie and her male friend is available to come over? Okay there are plenty of things I could do instead, but they don't seem as fun in the moment as option #1. But while my intentions may be on the up and up, it's impossible for me to truly account for those of anyone else. 

I remember playing house as a kid. I also vividly remember sharing an undesired, unprovoked kiss with  a boy in my class because of it. Oh, in retrospect, part of me-a small part of me- considers it innocent. I gather that he was just mimicking the activities of a husband and wife. Oh but the seven year old me was unforgiving! That was not what I signed up for when I decided to be the PRETEND Mrs. And so, I wonder what would I be signing up for today if I decide to be cuffed? And would twenty-something year old me be any more forgiving, if something unexpected happens before its time with someone possibly undeserving? If the role is taken too far, how long before I truly forgive myself?


Too deep? Possibly.

Or perhaps not deep enough.

I can't let the cooler months catch me in hibernation mode. A Lady in Waiting needs a watchful eye, common sense, and a whole lot of PRAYER!

No comments:

Post a Comment