Friday, October 11, 2013

Bag Lady..."Yo she got issues"

NYC!
Oh I love this place!
I love(insert slight sarcasm here) to be on the train sharing personal space and yawns wreaking of breakfast ,lunch,dinner or that evening snack..but no wait...the best are the conversations between men.Am I really eaves dropping if you're loud enough for the whole cart to hear?Right....
So as they start this spiel about how this b***h is this ,and she's that."Yo she's crazy man" ,"Yo she got issues".It sparks something in me that's not even anger ...but pity!Yes pity for the men WE are waiting for.Though they are complete strangers in this case,they represent someones something.
We make grocery lists of what we must find in THEM wherever we are.Instead( hear me out ) we may need to make a "to do list" ,a spring cleaning list.Not for home,but for our lives.
So I think about how Erykah Badu wrote this amazing song and  it sang the reality of the dilemma of many,many women today:
Bag lady, you gon' hurt your back
Draggin' all them bags like that
I guess nobody ever told you
All you must hold on to is you, is you, is you

One day all them bags gon' get in your way
One day all them bags gon' get in your way
I said one day all them bags gon' get in your way
One day all them bags gon' get in your way
So pack light
"One daaaay all them baaaaags gon' get in your way".Yea..what are you carrying?
What's in your bag?As Christian women ,we believe  and are raised to believe we are the creme of the crop,some what true.We are holy ghost filled,fire baptized, tongue speaking,shouting shoe wearing,Sunday fine ,clean and ANY man should be pleased to have us.Eh.... 
What's in your bag?
Are past relationships STILL so apparent and prevalent in your speech?Are you STILL so on guard because of the faults of another man that wounded you?Are you SO guarded that the real you is 10 months,5 days and 33 secs away from the "Hello" that a potential man built up the courage to say to you?Are you TOO eager?Are you just lazy?Are you needy?Are you self centered?
We have to ask ourselves as we wait ,if we are a delay.I'm not saying let your guards down ,I'm not saying,date the man who "only mama can love"(you know who I'm talking about) he's the last ONE standing and still single and everybody has told you or another woman to give him a try lol.
No.....are your bags in the way?
I had my own bag.In that bag is a messy wallet.Some have bags some have big old busted seamed wallets as bags, lol. Whatever your case or bag is called or looks like is all on you.I 'm sitting thinking about taking it a step further and digging deep.receipt is a record of  a purchase.A HA! (we will get into that another time).Record keeping will get you nowhere ,and if it gets you where you want ,the person who you're with may have developed a hearing problem or desensitization for the issues you have. Don't be tolerated ,be celebrated.
What are you keeping a record of and holding the next person accountable for?You cant walk into Walmart with a Target receipt .It's not valid,you've just walked into a new place ,with similar merchandise but under different management.It may look the same but it's not and if you keep running into the same things and want a return for the same problems,it's not the item it's you.I digress.

My first REAL relationship showed me my fannie pack of issues I rocked on my hip.
Insecurity, "am I pretty enough"? Society has interrupted the growth of health self esteem and now I'm stuck giving him random questionnaires about the outer me ...lol Not to say that men aren't there to help affirm.Come on we don't get dressed up for other woman..lol.
Self sufficiency, I was raised by STRONG women. Independent ,raised by single mom ,street savvy,articulate and witty women.I can open my own doors and pay my own bills,and I rarely cry.If you portray a person who needs no help,you make it incredibly hard for someone to extend their hand.

This is a lot.I wonder where we stand?
The men on the train sparked all of these thoughts but ,my interactions with other women and knowledge of myself make me wonder what we give them to work with.
God is a healer and restorer,we know this.
What are you carrying ?
#imjustsayin

No comments:

Post a Comment