Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Something Borrowed....

I borrowed you and didn't even know it
You're on loan and I only found that out when I realized the abuse
I took you for granted,thought I wined and dined you. Gave you what you wanted
Everyone else was bent on no,so  I found ways anytime I wanted to give you Yes
I looked at you with my eyes and was satisfied, 
what people said rolled off as smooth as the butter in the grits for your morning breakfast
Or like the whippedcream on your espresso
Words, I ate those , even the ones that were hard to swallow
oh ....those actually became easier to eat after time passed and almost as sweet when you do the math
More sweet can mask the sour 
BUT like a book that's borrowed beyond the appointed time becomes worn and weak, it no longer looks like the item you borrowed, 
So......you,my gift are beginning to look like that once treasured toy 3days after Christmas, beaten 2nd rate and out of mind
You are me....
Every entity .....the soul
I have windows for eyes, i behold everything,where are the shades when you need em?!
and Hands heavy as lead w/ a scarlet stain that started with the cross, thank God for the sanitizer that is called redemption
Got memories for ears....help me hear YOU not the replay
Got a shredder for a mouth, God....what a mighty tool.
Got will made of a stockyard metal...it's hard to move....
Restore my soul...
I borrowed ME and I want to return me to YOU richer than that man with the buried treasure.
Open me and be pleased Lord.Pleased with me.
I am not my own ....Lord Help me to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment